Thursday, September 24, 2009

Life Progress

A month ago, I had no idea where my life was going. I was so afraid to graduate because I did not know what my next step would be. I was headed for a brick wall of nothingness.

Last week though, my dad finally agreed to let me enter flying school!!! It was not expected, because whenever I asked him about it before, he’d always tell me to work for another year or so then go to flying school. When he agreed, the emotion I felt was incredible. I had never felt so excited in my life! Flying is what I want to do for the rest of my life!!! I am about to live my dream!!! I am already working on my application for a student pilot license. We’ve also been going around, checking out flying schools. Luckily, the owners of some of the good flying schools are my dad’s friends so hopefully, we can get a good deal. I am going to be studying for around 6-8 months. The tuition will probably cost about a million so it really is a big investment. I think my dad was unsure before if I was really into flying but when he saw that I had interest, all his worries went away. When we went to get my license, he saw some of his friends who were pilots as well. I could see the pride in his eyes whenever he’d introduce me and tell them that I will also be studying to be a pilot. I am proud as well. And I am happy to make him proud. I know I won’t fail because I know I want to do this. Yesterday, I had my exit interview with my guidance counselor. She asked me why I had trouble with school and how can I be sure that I won’t have the same problem in studying flying. I told her that in CSB, I did not know where I was gonna land after studying my course. My goal was to graduate but after that what next? I could not see what was at the end of the tunnel. But in flying, I have a vision, a mission and a goal. I see what I have to reach. I see what I will become. I see what my life will be. And it excites me so much!!! I’m still not sure where I’m gonna learn flying. Choices right now are: Clark, Dumaguete, Mindoro or Bulacan. Of course I’ll be sad to leave my friends and family but this is what I have to do. I will be a better man after this, a successful man!


2 comments:

Chewy Buhion said...

I'm so happy for you! Wow! Lucky for you, you have a path now! Can't wait! Can't wait!

Bishpran said...

Thanks brother. It took me a long time to get here. I'm just glad I did.